RF4 Character & General Info Thread (UPDATES / Next: ??)

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Shayde
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I hope so. I expect more creative names out of Rune Factory then 'Doug' and 'Dylan'. =T
Pen
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

On the updated colored card things on the website (Lol I forget what they're called) I spy two swimsuits and two sleepwears. What are the chances of these being their clothes in-game? Because I love Dolce with white flowers holding her pigtails and Kohaku looks cute in the sleep dress thingy.
Shayde
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

@Pen

who knows. if might, since TOD's cards were accurate with the bathing suits.
Ichikins
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I wanna see night clothes and bathing suits on the guys! DX gimme my fanservice!
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Seriously sometimes I wonder why they announced pjs so soon and then never brought it up again.

Anyways I'm gonna guess those night clothes probably won't be what they actually look like. Those seem more like that wedding picture with Sonia where the dress was very different from the real game and just used to look pretty.

Pico might not even get a swimsuit at all in the actual game D:. Not all villagers do. She looks very cute in that picture though so it would be nice if they did give more of the villagers swimsuits.
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Googaboga wrote:Seriously sometimes I wonder why they announced pjs so soon and then never brought it up again.
Neverland is probably intending to give more coverage to the pjs in a future update that comes with the swimsuits.

It's sort of like how they unveiled Dolce too soon back in July when she was revealed just last month.
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Still seems weird to announce something, completely ignore it for many months, and then come back to it. I would rather have them not bring something up until they are able to say more about it DX
Pen
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

@Googa

They just like to tease us. Keep us guessing at things. Hold our interest.
Basically they're evil /shot
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Dont forget they went through a giant info hiatus which set back so much of their promotional coverage on RF4. Part of it is probably because of MMV's merge with AQ Interactive last year.
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I know that but they've been out of hiatus for weeks and still no real mention of it. Dolce has also been officially announced for over a month. In fact I think the pj thing is probably the only feature that has not been talked about again since the first few announcements way back when.

The game is gonna be out in two months. So unless they talk about this month they will have saved it for the very end. I guess maybe they want to wait til after they announce more characters. But they probably aren't gonna show all of them in pjs anyways >.>.

Oh well as long as they still kept the feature and didn't just get rid of it while making changes I'll be fine XD.
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

iirc, the swimsuits during the RFO updates 2011 weren't covered that much until the last of the characters were unveiled.

Also, a bit of recap. Iirc, excluding characters' debuts, February's "main" Famitsu update focused on the unveiling of the bosses. March's "main" update focused more on the Prince Points System, Festivals and the party member system. May's "main" Famitsu update has focused on offsprings, some of the available monsters and how to recruit them.

Basically, each major update has revisited all of the stuff first unveiled in July last year. Next update will probably involve more of the doki doki zoom and the alternate costumes, once all the candidates have been revealed.
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Actually some of the swimsuit pictures came pretty soon. And they didn't come all at once. It took longer for the guys to have their swimsuits shown >.>. Some were shown as sample cards before all the marriage candidates were announced. So if the pjs and swimsuits in these cards are what they look like then that's great. But these are more posed pictures than samples that show off what the outfit looks like. Which is what they did for some of the ToD swimsuits. That's why I think they may not actually look like that in game.

But even if they do look like that it still took longer than ToD.

Anyways they've got to bring it up again sometime and they are running out of time before the game comes out. Hopefully that does end up being a topic in next month's update.
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Well, so far, the Famitsu magazine updates have covered in depth ::

-Prince points and how they actually work
-The dungeons
-Bosses
-Party system
-Monster recruitment

And in the special RF4 Famitsu page, there's an area on the offsprings and the growing of crops, as well as the romance system. All that's left is ::

-Doki Doki zoom events and how they're triggered
-Swimsuits and PJs
-Cooking/Crafting/Forging

but I think they'll be able to handle it finely. We probably have only one candidate (fan-man) and 1-2 villagers left unveiled. I'm impressed that there's 2 months til the release and they've already unveiled all of the bachelorettes and 5/6s of the bachelors. Karina, Hazel and Sophia, Evelyn and Sherman weren't unveiled until the last minute, and that was September.

RF3 was announced in July and they only had 3 months to cover everything (they started regularly releasing info during the start of August, leaving it less than 3 months before the game came out in 2009).
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Well they did start unveiling stuff sooner than RF3. So it's nice they didn't have to have a bunch come out all at once over a short period of time.

I guess the best thing to do is just ignore what happened when the game was first announced and just pretend they didn't start announcing stuff til a few months ago. That makes things make a lot more sense and seem a lot more ordered.

Things were pretty weirdly announced back then. A lot of randomness that wasn't really expanded on. Like poor Dolce who was shown but never really talked about.
XxWizardxMollyxX14
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I've just been pretending the whole time that we never got those updates back in July and now that we get updates so often it doesn't feel that we had to wait so long... I still want to see bathing suits soon though... but I would prefer to get them after all the candidates are announced.

Also, I read this article on inside-games and it seems a couple more very tiny details about the actual content of the cd's stories are given, such as:
Spoiler:
Margaret/Lest- Lest and Margaret are having an enjoyable time watching the flowers together and Margaret let's lest lay in her lap...

Frey/Vishnal- I'm not so sure about this one but it seems that Frey doesn't have a problem with two people going out on a date together (to the fireworks) while holding hands but Vishnal is being overly self-cautious or nervous.

Dolce/Lest- Lest proudly enters the vegetable contest with a sweet potato and Dolce ends up eating too much too quickly (maybe she likes sweet potatoes)

Frey/Dylas- As said before, Frey wants to spend the evening with Dylas for christmas but he has work to do. There is some sort of motive as to why he's working so hard on christmas (maybe he wants to buy her a present :P ...)
*note, these are very, very, rough translations.