RF4 Character & General Info Thread (UPDATES / Next: ??)

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Aden
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

The recipe bread? Oh please no more... But it wouldn't hurt to have it back... Nah!
Who in the world came up with such an idea to learn recipes when you eat a loaf of bread :|
Ichikins
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

The giant wooly fest was a lot of fun. I wanted to keep him in my monster barn. -busts out my pet gloves- Prepare yourself, giant hunk of adorable! You shall be mine! >:3

Oh, and that blog had some amazing art on it. I love the one of Arthur. It does his beautyousness justice. :heart:
KuroNeko77
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I was disappointed when I tried to tame a giant wooly and it didn't work too. I really wished they'd let us tame giant monster this time around (yeah, I can keep dreaming xD ).

By the way, Nintendo has added a new entry of "Iwata asks" with Hashimoto, where they talk about the Rune Factory series and Hashimoto's past experience as a gamer:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/interview ... index.html

The interview is rather long, so it'll take some time for a translation.
Higanbana
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Aden wrote:The recipe bread? Oh please no more... But it wouldn't hurt to have it back... Nah!
Who in the world came up with such an idea to learn recipes when you eat a loaf of bread :|
I wish it was real. Then I could have a justification for wanting to eat french bread all the time.
"Mmph mmph, I'm learning from it!"
Nurse Fin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Long interview. There wasn't really any new information but some of the stuff about demographics and impressions of international fans was rather interesting (and maybe a little embarrassing ._.)
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

(and maybe a little embarrassing ._.)
Lol, may you please summarize what Hashimoto said?

No chance of this happening but it'd be hysterical if he lurked these boards.
Nurse Fin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It was like "it's so surprising a non-violent game like Harvest Moon would sell well in the USA …" …omg … ._.
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Nurse Fin wrote:It was like "it's so surprising a non-violent game like Harvest Moon would sell well in the USA …" …omg … ._.
So Hashimoto kind of views western gamers with the DEM WESTERNERS LOVE THEIR FPS stereotype?

lol
Ichikins
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

lol! Well it's good to hear that there are plenty of niche gamers here in the states. Sometimes it seem like I'm the only one in So. UT that pre orders titles from Natsume, NIS, or Atlus. I'm glad that there is enough support here to get Rune Factory localized. I'm so excited for RF4 and LOB to be pre orderable.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

NICHE GAMERS UNITE
Shayde
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Well, sadly, when you look at most games made over here in the US...they are mostly shooters or gritty violent games. Not many rpgs. -_-'

That art is great. I love the one of Arthur, and the chibi bookmark ones of the bachelors and bachelorettes.

As for the male to female ratio, I'm glad RF4 is finally leaning back to a more equal balance. It makes it feel more realistic and less like a guy's harem dream. =P
Greenfly11
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

That art is very nice ;3

And I wouldn't mind having recipe bread again, since it's an easy way of learning recipes, but
Shayde wrote:the only downfall to me with recipe breads is its all you ever really won from competitions, which became useless once you manage to learn all the recipes. Then you just get these useless loafs of bread. xD
^This.
Ichikins
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I didn't mind the recipe bred per se, but I actually like HM GB's system better. You could figure out recipes by purchasing food stuffs from the cafe, bazaar, or friend's bazaar over wifi. I also don't mind just experimenting and figuring out stuff on my own. I wouldn't know how that'd work with the forge, alchemy pot, or crafting table... I suppose there could be a way to just sell recipes instead. I also didn't like that the breads were prizes in contests. I'd prefer ingredients or items along with FP.

Onto relationships and whatnot (since I kinda segued into it with FP) I wonder if you will get a full on reverse proposal as a girl, or if we have to prompt it with the engagement ring? I forgot if that was mentioned in earlier pages or not.
XxWizardxMollyxX14
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I would assume that reverse proposals are like the ones from RF:ToD
Spoiler:
-Full affection
-see all events
-have double bed and possibly upgraded house (don't think this would apply to the castle)
-go on a date
-answer questions correctly
-they ask
-you reject/accept
Flyingsheepgirl
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Oooohhh reversal proposal! I didn't get to play ToTT, nor RF:ToD so I never got to witness reverse proposals! :D Yes, another thing to look forward to :lala:
I assume the RvPr is only available if you play as Frey? Or no?
Shayde wrote:As for the male to female ratio, I'm glad RF4 is finally leaning back to a more equal balance. It makes it feel more realistic and less like a guy's harem dream. =P
Ohmygosh yes XD That's certainly what RF3 felt like. Loved the bachelorettes but the serious lacking of males and both parents bothered me o.o;