RF4 Character & General Info Thread (UPDATES / Next: ??)

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Shayde
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm the same, Wizard. A total sap for the romantic festivals. I've hated how the most recent HM games have had almost zero romantic festivals. -_-

I hope we get some sort of update worth discussing about. It feels almost like we've had nothing for four weeks now. (despite the introduction of Blossom, Illuminator, and Bud. xD)
Flyingsheepgirl
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

*Randomly rolls in*
Such a hopeless romantic as well, so I'm a sap for such festivals xD they give you an actual sense of romance and looovvveee :3
Gah, I'm so excited for this game it looks fantastic :3
Ichikins
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I think that's a big part of being a HM/RF fan. We are all hopeless romantics and we need our fix. Couples festivals all the way! XD
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

............................................I am not a romantic at all :<

Anyways speaking of festivals I personally prefer festivals where I can win. So that's what I am gonna try and fill my town with.
Lest: Let's see which festival to order.... That's not a contest, no I can't win that it's too hard. I know I'll get this one!
Volkanon: Don't you think it is an abuse of your power to only order competitions that you know you are going to win?
Lest: Pffft no. I deserve to win.

(this reminds of that conversation a long time ago where I made a joke about Lest ordering a date festival just so he could use it as an excuse to ask the girl he likes out on a date XD)

However if it's like RF3 where there are lots of competition festivals but some are repetitive (like how there were so many fishing contests) and you always get the same prize for first place I would prefer something else to take the spot of two or so of those festivals. Although it sounded like the town could want certain festivals over others so if that is true I'll probably cave to townspeople and just order what everyone else wants even if I would rather get something else.
Shayde
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I wasn't a fan much of the RF3 festivals. Though I did enjoy shaving a giant wooly. =P

Speaking of this reminded me................Do you guys think that recipe breads will make a return?
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I dont think so. Recipe Bread seemed like something only Blaise could make, based on one dialogue from an NPC tourist I read.
Flyingsheepgirl
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

So the festival choosing? Is that something you decide every month, every year? Or is you set the festivals a certain way for the first year and it stays like that forever more?

I kind of want recipe breads to return though, they're an easy way of learning new things for your cooking/forging/whatever.
sal880612m
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Please no recipe breads. Originally it was okay but it doesn't really hold up for multiple playthroughs. I would still love to see some gained by raising your friendship with villagers, Or maybe make some recipes monster drops.
Shayde
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

the only downfall to me with recipe breads is its all you ever really won from competitions, which became useless once you manage to learn all the recipes. Then you just get these useless loafs of bread. xD
minabi234
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

there seems to be some new updates about nitendo interview and new updates at the site ... new weapons..so cool! you can transport yourself to another place

http://www.maql.co.jp/special/game/3ds/ ... magic.html
-~LeFrAn-~
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

:O was gone for awhile...(school) any new updates? :3
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

-~LeFrAn-~ wrote::O was gone for awhile...(school) any new updates? :3
Bado, Blossom and Illuminator were updated into the site and a Nintendo interview with Hashimoto was poste.d

If anyone's curious, an artist started an RF4 countdown on his blog over a week ago, drawing new fanart daily leading up to the release.

http://kabubeya.blog.fc2.com/

I like how Kiel's wearing Forte's helmet in one of them.

EDIT :: I did a little experiment, namely on the male to female ratio in a town from the past RF games...my findings so far.

RF1
15 to 14 male to female ratio

RF2
13 to 13 male to female ratio, really equal this time around (I didn't count Aaron or Aria since both of them dont co-exist in-game and are more of alter egos as opposed to Sonia/Azel and Lest/Frey where both exist in-game)

RFF
10 to 17 male to female ratio (wow, really tipped over the scale)

RF3
9 to 16 male to female ratio (another difference by 7, not counting the cameos)

RFToD
7 to 14 male to female ratio (not counting the cameos but wow, same difference as RFF, only difference being there were less villagers, but ToD had an equal amount of bachelorettes to RFF and ToD was short on 3 guys compared to RFF)

RF4
11 to 12 male to female ratio (not counting Ventuswill, or the offsprings). Most equal we've had since RF2...
Last edited by Daisuke Tsubasa on Jun 28, 2012 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cherry Blossom
Disabled: By request

Post  Posted:

Oooooooohh my gosh that art is beautiful.

I'm officially stalking his blog.
Part-Time Plower
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

The art on that blog is fantastic.
rachellion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Shayde wrote:I wasn't a fan much of the RF3 festivals. Though I did enjoy shaving a giant wooly. =P
Omg that festival was the BEST. Is that festival at least making a return?

Recipe bread... :roll: