RF4 Character & General Info Thread (UPDATES / Next: ??)

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Greenfly11
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

They had the same festival in RF3, too.
It was so annoying when I first participated...
But after I had reloaded a few times, I was actually beginning to like it ^^
Ichikins
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I wish that you could be one of the bean throwers instead of being the one pelted. I guess my coordination with that festival is bad because I could never really get the hang of it in RF3.
Shayde
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Personally, I've always enjoyed the event festivals more then the competition/mini game ones.

I love romantic festivals. Festivals like the Fireworks Festival or the Flower Viewing festival, where you get a lovely conversation.

The only competition type festivals I've ever enjoyed were the crop festivals, the animal festivals in HM, the tomato throwing festival in HM, the swimming festival in HM: Back to Nature, and that fighting competition in TOD. Otherwise, I like to relax on festival days...not hurt my thumb or reload a million times to beat a mini-game. xD

It'll be interesting to see what festivals an individual will have in their own towns if we trully have full control on what festivals occur. I bet everyone would have slightly different combos. ^.^
Ichikins
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I like the gift giving festivals and the lovers festivals. I still really miss the swimming and drinking festivals from HM 64.
Shayde
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yes! The good ol' drinking festival in HM64. xD Back when you were both old enough to marry AND have a drink. xD
Ichikins
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

And it was still rated E. Ahhh...I miss that. HM 64 had a lot of good festivals that I'd like to see resurrected in RF. Animal competitions, horse race, Harvest Goddess festival, harvest festival (selection of the Harvest King), swimming festival, night of the hollies (spirit festival), new years (out party all of your fellow townsfolk), dog race, and so on.

edit: and the flower festival, new years eve (get asked to view the sunrise with a loved one), thanksgiving, mmm...and I can't remember the rest.
Last edited by Ichikins on Jun 26, 2012 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shayde
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yes...Back to Nature and HM64 will always be my number one for content, festivals, etc. I actually played those games for up to 6 years in the game. (something I've never been able to do with any other HM or RF games)

As for Rune Factory 4....I just want a dancing festival, a fireworks festival, to be able to actually swim (never will happen, will it? T_T), and maybe another combat festival (though I'd like to fight other villagers, not a bunch of dummies <.<)
Ichikins
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

A fighting festival would be fun. I also didn't mind the treasure hunting festivals as long as they were actually challenging (not hiding the item in the same spot every time).
Shayde
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I don't really like festivals that score you based on the time, though. 8T
<-- never liked being timed in games xD

Yeah! I'd love for a competition combat festival! Try your skill against a handful of the other bachelor/ettes. That would be one way to get a rematch with the boss candidates. xD

*bounces hyperly at the idea*

It would be awesome to if a character made a cameo in the combat festival. Like...suddenly, in the finals, you find yourself doing battle with Raguna! 8D
Ichikins
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Raguna would beat everyone's « Mr.Gourmet's hat ». I don't care how tough any of the characters think they are. Raguna, at this point, probably has his old man strength (mysterious strength that men acquire around age 30) so he would be a force to be reckoned with. I'd feel safer fighting Firesome... It would be kind of fun to have surrounding towns participate in a fight fest. I'd imagine Doug (Mana's dad) participating using the new boxing glove/fisticuffs weapons.

As for being timed in games, I don't exactly mind sorta...I've played Mana Khemia and I'm currently playing the Alchemists of Arland series so I had to get used to it or I'd get « Cow Poopy » endings in those games...
Shayde
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

That's not the sort of timing I'm talking about. I mean when there is actually a ticking down timer at the top of the screen or something. xD (I've played both of those games. MK is the best. ^^)
Ichikins
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Ooohhh, ya like when you have the count down in your face, it gets kinda stressful. And yes, MK is amazing and it has so many slash opps with Vayne, Flay, and Roxis. <3 But ya, I get what you're saying. It's something that flusters me when I play Catherine, but that's a whole other discussion. (*.*)

I would totally love a kite festival. Go out and fly a kite with a loved one, or friend. ^^ I'd also like a HM 64 style flower festival where the Harvest King goes up in a hot air balloon (or dirigible in this case) and sews flower seeds.
XxWizardxMollyxX14
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

*randomly jumps in*

I'll try to have as many romantic festivals as possible. I love those festivals because I'm a hopeless romantic. I really do enjoy the game festivals though, I just prefer romantic festivals.

I wonder if we'll get an update this Wednesday, we don't seem to be getting them on Wednesday's as much as we used to.

*jumps out through window*
Souja
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

*throws pillow for molly*

I'm in the same boat! In as much as I enjoy doing things, I like kicking back a bit too.

/wants guy character to have best friend events with other guy characters

*jumps after molly*
SailorDanielle
Disabled: User Name Change

Post  Posted:

XxWizardxMollyxX14 wrote:*randomly jumps in*

I'll try to have as many romantic festivals as possible. I love those festivals because I'm a hopeless romantic. I really do enjoy the game festivals though, I just prefer romantic festivals.

I wonder if we'll get an update this Wednesday, we don't seem to be getting them on Wednesday's as much as we used to.

*jumps out through window*
AGREED.

Hopeless romantic here too. Love romantic festivals, since you get a real sense of actual…well, romance! In the latest HM games, they've really been missing out on that quite a bit. To confess, this is my first RF game, and I'm so elated because of all I'm hearing and seeing about it.