RF4 Character & General Info Thread (UPDATES / Next: ??)

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
soluna
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Well, looks like we're in for more theorizing, just like RF3, huh?

All theories will be underlined, just like last time, so don't consider all this information to be true facts yet.
Likes and dislikes will be under spoiler tags.
Also, I'll be updating often so check back every day. :3
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Plot

Set in the town of Selphia, the protagonist falls from an airship and onto Selzauide, the town's dragon and protector, and loses their memory. Even with the incident, Selzauide allows the protagonist to live in the caste, and from there must act as the town's prince/princess.
Frey/Lest tells whomever you're playing as has potential to be an Earthmate, just as the three protagonists before them.

Protagonists

(JP; Kouki Uchiyama)
The male protagonist, who's willing to be Selphia's Earthmate prince. Has a really adorable smile.

(JP; Chiwa Saito)
The cheerful female protagonist who struggles with her role of Selphia's princess.

Bachelorettes

(JP; Yuuki Aoi)
"You! Throw your garbage in the garbage bin!"
"Can I... hold your hand?"

A musician who plays every day at the restaurant. She has a serious, but caring personality. She dislikes when people litter, and has a catchphrase to emphasize it. She's also afraid of heights and may be Daria's sister.

"I'm not ungrateful as to forget the name of my life savior."
"I heard that it's a girlfriend's job to wait for her boyfriend to get out of the bath, so..."

She has a sarcastic personality and is apparently a fan of gothic things. She appears to be very close and maybe even protective of Pico, who's known her even when she was a monster, Marionetta. It's not known why this is, however, but she does sometimes speak through Pico.

Kohaku- (JP; Satou Satomi)
"It's flower season! ♪ Step aside, bugs! ♪"
A girl who's original form is that of a butterfly monster named Ambrosia. She can only be dated once defeated in battle. Speaks cheerfully when excited and, much like a plant, enjoys being in the sun. She's bright about nature and quite naive, as well. May be the first boss.

Xiaopai- (JP; Hisako Kanemoto)
"My mum is cute~"
"Once again, I'm in your care."

A girl from the east who runs both the inn and the bathhouse. While she finds both challenging, she doesn't hesitate from doing her jobs. Having to work so hard may be the reason why she's so curious and lively, so she's probably going to get into trouble involving a dungeon in some request. Likes baozi.

Forte- (JP; Sanae Kobayashi)
"I will protect Sir Lest!"
No, she isn't Saber. But, she is a knight! Like any knight should be, she's very serious about what she does. On the other hand, she's also pretty stubborn. Possibly Kiel's sister, or could be involved with him in some way.

Bachelors

(JP; Daisuke Namikawa)
"I'm going to keep training no matter what!"
"If you don't have any plans this afternoon, would you mind going somewhere with me?"

The butler responsible for training the protagonist. He is training to become a steward from an elder. He's very easy to fool, as he takes people's words at face value. Bishnal did not agree with his parents' opinions, and left to Selphia. Also has a polite/ not informal way of speaking and may be involved with the military. He also gets very... passionate when talking about his training.
Spoiler:
(JP; Sugita Tomokazu)
"If you don't have any business with me, don't talk to me. I don't have time to mess around with you."
"Hey, hey, I'm just kidding. Don't take it seriously."

A fisherman who's original form is that of a nightmare steed— or, the much more ~*magical and happy*~ unicorn named Raiden. He doesn't speak much, but when he does, he's often taken the wrong way as his words come out awkward. Will there be innuendos? He's a unicorn, so maybe.

Arthur- (JP; Tatsuhisa Suzuki)
"Didn't I tell you? That negotiation is my specialty."
Still has a very nice bowl. Takes on a noble appearance, so it may seem as if he has a bit of an ego. He's in Selphia for unknown reasons, and is involved with the trade business. Seems to know quite a bit about... a lot of things. May have a mysterious background...?

Kiel- (JP; Hiro Shimono ♥)
"Being with Frey is fun!"
"About the person I love, I'll certainly want to know anything."
Selphia's resident shota. All he wants is to feel needed, which is the explanation for why he studies so much, even at his age. Possibly Forte's brother, or could be involved with her in some way.

Villagers

Volkanon
The emotional elder butler who has served the dragons all his life and helps the protagonist. He also doubles as a shopkeeper, where you use your Prince Points to buy items.

Jones- (JP; Miyasaka Shunzou)
"I'm happy enough just seeing Nancy's smile."
Husband of Nancy, meaning they're the third RF couple. (Rita&Turner and "Nusa".) He's a doctor and runs the Little Bandage clinic with his wife. Even though he's a doctor, he's afraid of blood, meaning Selfia must have been pretty desperate for a doctor. Anyway, he drinks tomato juice to overcome his fear, which isn't strange at all. Could've had a V8, after all. It's not specified whether he has children or not.

Nancy- (JP; Umeka Shouji)
Wife of Jones, meaning they're the third RF couple. (Rita&Turner and "Nusa".) She's a nurse and runs the Little Bandage clinic alongside her husband. She loves talking, so she may be a bit of a motor mouth. If a person comes by she feels she can hold a conversation with, she gets pretty excited. It's not specified whether she has children or not.

Illuminator
WHOOPS NOT A BACHELORETTE SORRY. Anyway, she might be the pilot of the airship Frey/Lest fall from.

Rinfa
Xiaopai's mother.

Pico "When I was in critical condition, I had Ruu-chan by my side."
"Do you mean, like forgetting Lest-kun's name...!?"
A girl (who may just be a doll) that is very close to Dolce, and sometimes allows her to speak through he own body. When she talks, she'll often use quotation marks around her speech. She may be cute, but you'd better not touch her unless you're Dolce!

Other Characters

Ventuswill- (JP; Satomi Akesaka)
The wind dragon, and the fourth in the series. It's seiyuu indicates it's a female, but it's not yet known.

Seriza
A small girl that is actually Ventuswill herself. So far, she's only been shown in the Dengeki manga. Apparently, she's meant to help with Lest's fields. It's unlikely that she'll appear in the game. (She isn't very popular.)

Undefined Residents

*Redhead shota
Was originally in a screenshot fighting with Frey, but I'm too lazy to find that.

*Girl with purple braids
Likely very close to Bishnal and Volkanon.

*Guy with cat ears
Pretty sure the second link has him in it anyway.

*Orange haired chef

*Purple haired girl
Appears to be very close to Dolce. She may be a doll. Note her lack of pupils.

*Gaius' dad
I'M JOKING. He could be, though. He has the ears, the fur, the gloves, the crossbelt, the turtleneck, the color combo...

Other Information
*Other seiyuu are confirmed to be Ayana Taketatsu, Hitomi Nabatame, and Kosuke Toriumi.

*The game has no exact storyline connection to the previous titles. This does not mean that you won't see cameos or dragons, although it's not been said if there will be cameos or not. The backstory is just not needed to understand the story of the game, so newcomers will not be confused.

*Releases in July at 5229 yen, which is about 48 euros and 65 USD. (Subject to change.)

*There will be a manga that focuses on the storyline. The focus will be on Lest and Margaret. (Will appear in Dengeki on Feb. 27th.)

*Pre-orders come with headphones and a drama CD. Hashimoto has stated it's something you'll want to listen to secretly, but it's not because they're inappropriate. It's because they're for sleeping, so expect songs.

New Features
*The love element is said to be improved, including embarrassing situations for Lest and Frey. Character AI has also been upgraded for your spouse. They won't just sit around the house anymore and will go to different places. Hopefully, this will apply to children.

*A new romance feature named Dokidoki Zoom allows you to zoom in on the scene between you and the person you are with, with high-polygon 3D models.

*There is no longer grid-based farming, so you can organize your farm however you like.

*Rather than having a friendship and jumping right to marriage, you can maintain a lovers state with someone and still marry someone else.

*You can have more than one lover. (hahaohgod pimp mode is intensified)

*There will be an RFF-style animated cutscenes for dates, festivals, and introductions.

*You can build buildings in order to attract more people and tourists to the town. The protagonist earns a rating depending on how many people show up, the starting title being 'Beginner Prince'.

*The females will now wear pajamas. The males are currently unknown.

*The Prince System is used to build up your town and attract tourists as you do. Prince Points are used to build up the town, as well as hold festivals.

*If you mange to build up a nice town, you earn the title 'Crown of Crown', which symbolizes you being the ultimate prince.

*Getting into too many romantic relationships before marriage will cause problems.

*Divorce ISN'T an option. If any site says so from this point on, please correct them. You can, however, break up with your lover. You « Duck Quacker ».

*There will NOT be voice commands. This was a mistranslation.

Artwork

Fanart

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Official Art

Margaret
Dolce
Vishnal
Dylas

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Thank you cuc and Daisuke Tsubasa especially for much of the info, Emurii for corrections, Osuchin for screenshots, and anyone else who found the pictures/information~
Feel free to contribute theories and any other info you may of found, no matter how shaky it is. I'll just add it on as a theory and it can be discussed.

More quotes and dialogue can be found here.
Last edited by soluna on May 08, 2012 8:06 pm, edited 96 times in total.
Emurii
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thanks, this is great! :D

I would add, though, that I'm not sure one can say that Bishnal speaks "very" politely. He isn't even using keigo or anything (actually a little weird for a butler), he's just not speaking *informally*.

Also, "Magaret" should be Margaret -- the long "a" connotes that "ar" sound. (E.g., "supaa" = "super market," "baa" = "bar")

(Also, since apparently I've taken it upon myself to be a jerk and correct minor things in the Japanese here, feel free to throw scans or whatever at me as they become available and I'll be happy to translate. Work is really slow these days and I get bored pretty easily. :\)
L Baby
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Thanks for organizing this! Definetly will be checking up x3

Still not sure how the build buildings thing works... will it be like IoH or will the bachelorettes/bachelors and villagers already be in the game and if there will be pre-existing shops.

Also if there will be jealousy, hm.

Can't wait! (Especially for more bachelors (;)
dyll
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

dolce remind me to selphy and cinnamon hhmm
soluna
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

@Emurii- You're welcome~ ;;

Ah. Changed those a bit, then. I figured Magaret should of been Margaret but I saw it mentioned without the 'r' quite a few times so I kept it the way it was. Thank you!

(Jerk? Nah. But I'll ask for your help if I find anything. 8D)

@L- You're welcome!!

I imagine some will move in once you build the building/fulfill certain conditions and others will already be in town.

If there's jealousy then I will have such a good time. I love to pick on my protagonists and make them suf- uh I mean
Emurii
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

soluna wrote:Ah. Changed those a bit, then. I figured Magaret should of been Margaret but I saw it mentioned without the 'r' quite a few times so I kept it the way it was. Thank you!
Yeah, I eventually saw the Fishie (I guess it was an account fishie? D: I generally live only in "All other HM" because I prefer console, so maybe I would know who it was if I spent more time in the RF/IL topic) who had transliterated as Magaret in the RF4 announcement thread, so I guess that's where it came from. :\
If there's jealousy then I will have such a good time. I love to pick on my protagonists and make them suf- uh I mean
OMG I know. I'm always big pimpin' on my games...if they had jealousy events...asdfghjkl;...my head asprode. Living the dream would be separate jealous events between all girls you are "sweethearts" with. :heart: __ :heart: I just wanna watch 'em fight over me...

OR, OMG, won't happen at all, but DUELS BETWEEN BOYFRIENDS FOR FREY. WANTTT.
Icewings
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

CH-CHIWA SAITO?

AKA HITAGI AND HOMURA?!

/head assplodes
Rox
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Yay at being able to play as a girl!

But am I the only one who is kinda disappointed by the graphics? I mean the 3DS can pull of great graphics as Resident Evil: Revelations, so it would be nice if the graphics looked at least a little more like Ocarina of Time 3D. Still the game looks better than the DS versions.

My biggest hope however is that the amount of bachelors and bachelorettes is the same, also quality over quantity.
Colin2011
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

It'll be awesome if Margaret really is Daria's sister. I frequently wondered what she looked like when my sweetie mentioned her. :)
Blue
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

"No connection to the previous installments" Image The dragon on the main title looks obviously like a Wind Dragon(Biggest factor is well..it's green and the wind element in RF is Green) and Rune Factory 3 did in fact mention said Wind Dragon which means...there is a line of connection! ....Except it's very small and by connection they could also just mean "Don't expect cameo characters etc etc.."
SimpleLastWishes
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Nice to see all of this organized and in one area. Thank you~
Blue
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

SimpleLastWishes wrote:Nice to see all of this organized and in one area. Thank you~
Oh yeah! Thank you yet again Soluna =) you've been always a real great help with these threads for sure!
Fretka
Disabled: User Name Change

Post  Posted:

Auuuu~

I'm wondering if there is any annoying stalker :P I hope not. I loved Mana, but I'm not really a fan of the peeps who follow every my step.
Chaos_44
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thank youuuu the other thread is turning into a mess. Well, not really a mess since it was the first thread it was announced on, but still.

I like that the artwork has gone back to true-to-form RF looks, more RF1 and RF2 even though RF3 was pretty much the same but eh, but it's improved. I like it. I also like the dragon's looks on the RF4 logo. Cool cool.
soluna
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

You're welcome, guys!! I know no one likes going through endless pages of « Puppy Doodoo » just for a little piece on info. and I kind of have fun with this don't know why

@Blue- Fixed!! I noticed that, too. I do think it's probably for cameos, but I hope not. ;;

@Fretka- If there's going to be an annoying stalker, I hope it's someone who's paranoid about you suddenly ending up in the town and losing your memory, and only stalks you out of suspicion than romantic interest.

@Chaos- Same. The RF1 sprites/artwork has always been my favorite, so I'm glad to see it's closer to that than where it was going.