RF4 Character & General Info Thread (UPDATES / Next: ??)

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
*Echo*
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

So, I came back, saw the updated website, listened to the voices and HOLY BAJEEZUS DAT VOICE. Dylas is just so...sexy. I mean he was before, but that voice just cinches it.

If we don't have an option to listen to the Japanese voices, then I hope Marveloous at least picks someone with a just-as-sexy voice, because if it goes from that nice deep timbre to something like Barrett's I'm either going to scream or cry.

Makes me wish I could read Japanese so I could get the Japanese version Dx
Souja
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

*Echo* wrote: Makes me wish I could read Japanese so I could get the Japanese version Dx
This. Time a billion.

Also, I just noticed that it says that you fall from the ship and land on top of Selzauid (Ventuswill) maybe that has something to do with why he can't move out of the place?

AND! When I rolled over Kohaku's icon on the website, it said Amber. Any thoughts?
Smudjygirl
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

Kohaku = Amber in japanese

XD you brake his wings.
Selphie-Sama
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Shouldn't we be calling her Amber then? Since Amber is just her name translated.

The whole Japanese > English VA thing just makes me with Natsume would give us the option of listening to the Japanese VA's or the English ones. Like what some licensing companies do.
Flyingsheepgirl
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

But her name may still be Kohaku, it just means Amber. Like how a few characters in anime may be called Ichigo, which is practically strawberry in japanese, but they're still called "Ichigo"

Anyway, how do you hear their VAs on the website? I want to listen to Dylas' sexy voice D:

RF4 is starting to look more and more amazing :D
Selphie-Sama
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Ok, I get it. Do you think they will translate her name to Amber in the english release, or just give her a new name?

http://www.maql.co.jp/special/game/3ds/ ... voice.html
Flyingsheepgirl
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Selphie-Sama wrote:Ok, I get it. Do you think they will translate her name to Amber in the english release, or just give her a new name?

http://www.maql.co.jp/special/game/3ds/ ... voice.html
I think they'd translate it to Amber, I noticed Natsume isn't too bad with name-changing in RF :) Or near enough to Amber (or just switch some letters around with Kohaku)

Aww Frey's voice is great ^o^ All the female VAs so far are great, Lest's was a bit weird for me though xD
Ah, I see the hype for Dylas' voice now. It's like velvet in my ears *O* So sexy~~
Shayde
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I could see them keeping the name, Kohaku. At least I hope they would. Its a great name. A favorite of man, actually. ^^
XxWizardxMollyxX14
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I think they will keep most names except for the ones that are way out there. I can see them keeping pretty much every bachelor/ette's name, even Vishnal's. I just hope to « Harvest Goddess » that if they do change the names that they won't change Dylas to Dylan. That's my little sisters ex-boyfriends name and I hate him with a passion so even if Dylas is really great I just wouldn't be able to marry him.
Genie9
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Meh, Natsume will most likely pick a name for her like Kathleen or Kari.
I would check out the voices....but I don't want to get used them, only to be disappointed in the end haha xD
Osuchin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Selphie-Sama wrote:Ok, I get it. Do you think they will translate her name to Amber in the english release, or just give her a new name?
I think Amber will be her English name. As that is the name many NA game articles are calling her.
Souja
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Osuchin wrote:
I think Amber will be her English name. As that is the name many NA game articles are calling her.
Probably this, especially if they keep 'Ambrosia' as her monster name.

Honestly, I'd rather they change Dylas to even Deisel (or even Narwhal), I wouldn't be able to marry him with a name like Dylan.

Oh! Maybe they'll let you choose the name for them, sort of like choosing what your wife calls you in Frontier and RF3!
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

After ToD I am not worried about the name changes. I think they'll do a good job.

I prefer Kohaku but Amber is a really cute name too.

Oh gosh no to Deisel D:. Anyways Dylas is a monster so I bet they'll be smart enough not to give him such a normal name like Dylan.
!!Disco☆Chocolate!!
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Some of the names this time around are a little odd, like Bishnal/Vishnal and Dylas, but they handled the weirder ones of ToD well. I mean, Merupurin to Maerwen was certainly a welcome change, so maybe they'll think of some interesting stuff.
Xiaopai has invaded my signature... =O
Shayde
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I really hope they just call him Diras. -_-

/probably not, Shayde. that seems to just be you