RF4 Character & General Info Thread (UPDATES / Next: ??)

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
astro-demon
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

I like Tag way better. Reminds me of graffiti (and Jet Set Radio) or like Blaz Blue. Very cool :)
Doug is waaaay to plain for a fantasy series, and reminds me of Ann's dad from FoMT
Shayde
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Tag or Dag are both good to me. =P

Tag would be cooler, though. More unusual for a name.
Huh?
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Whats his name? Tag, Tagu, Taga, Dag, Dagu, Daga or what? :o
Cherry Blossom
Disabled: By request

Post  Posted:

It's Tagu, Dagu, or Doug romanized.

I guess Tag and Dag are nicknames we came up with?
Pen
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Cherry Blossom wrote:It's Tagu, Dagu, or Doug romanized.

I guess Tag and Dag are nicknames we came up with?
Don't know about everyone else, but I have a tendency to ignore u's on the end of Japanese words.

Also about the lazy girl conversation- I loved Karina and even married her. She's a great wife. She had an awesome storyline, if you could call it that. For some reason I enjoyed taking her through the forest to get to the city while she watched me fight. Plus I love her hair lol |D Braids (I don't feel like remembering her name) looks more like she's looking down on you rather than just being lazy. Idk, maybe it's just me who thinks that.

And I agree on liking Dag's official art more than his portrait, but in-game (being the pic where he's talking to Frey) I actually rather like the portrait. For some reason seeing it next to Frey's makes it look okay. Lol that probably sounded really weird xD Anyway the portrait fits "hot-blooded" better than the official art does...
Shayde
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I disliked Karina's personality at first. But after I raised her hearts and did her 'storyline', I liked her. Not enough to marry her. But enough that I didn't hate her anymore. I could be buds with her easily.
Huh2?
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Who is Pokorinu? I read someone say that name... :(
soluna
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Hmm...
...They could have been talking about Kurorika or whatever. Braid-girl.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Huh2? wrote:Who is Pokorinu? I read someone say that name... :(
it's DSC guy, and it's actually Pokoriinu. Or Pokriin, if you don't want the u. haha
maydaysoup
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I actually quite like Braid-girl's design. More so, in fact, than most of the other females. She seems to have more personality, even though everyone else says otherwise. The thing is, all the other girls more or less wear their emotions on their foreheads all the time. She... she has more of an 'air' about her, suggesting that there's more storyline and mannerisms to actually uncover. She's not an open book, and her design is proportionate. That's more than can be said for most of the other girls. And, for that matter, she doesn't look that unfriendly, to me...

As far as Tag goes (I will be calling him that because I can and it's cute), I don't much care for his in-game sprite, though his official art is gorgeous. He's okay, but just doesn't look as interesting as most of the other bachelors. 'Sides, his eyes really bother me... I may yet change my mind, but this is the first bachelor that I am slapping an immediate "NOPE" onto.

The kids are awkwardly cute, though the girl, to me, looks a tad more even than the son. The DSC? I love his design, if not for the face. Ye gods, that face. *shudders*
Part-Time Plower
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

^ Yeah, bishie sparkly eyes and cat smiles do not go well together...
Shayde
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Part-Time Plower wrote:^ Yeah, bishie sparkly eyes and cat smiles do not go well together...
worse. Glasgow Smiles. now that I've made that connection, looking at him disturbs me greatly. D8

Those who don't know, Glasgow Smile is
Spoiler:
where cuts are made from the corners of the mouth all the way up to the ear, inflicting a painful and lethal cut that leaves a permanent smile on the victim's face. The most famous of this is the Black Dahlia murder. =(
KuroNeko77
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Famitsu.com has opened a special page about Rune Factory 4:
http://www.famitsu.com/sp/120510_runefactory/

There's a lot of new screen there (battle, barn...)

Here are the full scans from Famitsu:
Spoiler:
Shayde
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

the fields are in fours.

Once again, Vishnal and Margarette are being the main showcase. Whether there is a canon or not, like I said, i get the feeling that Vish and Marg would be the canon candidates for Frey and Lest.

And again, fan man is being totally ignored. I'm telling you...........Pandora vibes. <.<

Interesting. I'm using Babel Fish to translate the page...it says here (remember not the best translations xD)
Evening of a certain month night, the story opens the curtain from the place where the protagonist falls from the sky.

The protagonist luck falls on the dragon well. Although it was safe, memory was lost.
Other than name, the protagonist where you cannot remember at all comes to the point of with arranging the dragon living at the castle,
Oji of the temporary [so] [me] (the princess) as, the country is developed,
While solving every trouble, making the crop you lead daily life.

At the time of a certain, the protagonist which appears to venture to with the forest is attacked in the enormous monster.
When that monster is pushed down, why the girl had collapsed there.

Why the monster becoming the person?
As for truth of the incomprehensible incident which occurs one after another?
As for the protagonist while repeating the companions and venture and every day,
It keeps getting near to the secret which are hidden in your own memory .......
With the protection person of cell fear, the rune (vital force) it excels in treatment. There is a reason which cannot emerge of between the dragons.
So from what I gather of the bad translation, you explore the first dungeon out of curiosity and are attacked by Kohaku. When she turns into her human form, this kickstarts the mystery as to why this monster became a human. And then other strange events start to occur in the kingdom, somehow tied to the MC's memory. And you're trying to figure it out. And apparently maybe there's a secret among the dragons that has not yet been revealed?

Here's Babel Fish's translation of the page...

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_ur ... =Translate
KuroNeko77
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

^ Yeah, I suppose he's the "secret bachelor" this time around.

I'm liking that new equipment screen too.