Rune Factory Oceans!

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Chaos_44
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Probably not gonna update this first page with ALL the new stuff, but since I assume many people will ask for the link to the official site (including myself haha), I've updated my main post.

http://www.mmv.co.jp/special/game/runeoceans/

Quick guide to characters of RFO:

http://www.fogu.com/hmforum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=132538

Japanese Gameplay (spoilers, obviously):

http://www.youtube.com/user/OtogiClover
Last edited by Chaos_44 on Mar 05, 2011 11:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
Lexy Jenrex
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

HMaddict:)
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Yeah this game looks sweet. I'm super happy that it's also going to be for the PS3. Well so far anyway. I just hope they take advantage of what the PS3 can do. *sigh* Now I'm super pumped for a game that hasn't even been released in Japan yet. ;-;
gyuujuice
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I can translate the text, here is what I found out!

1) You switch beteen two protagonists. Azela (English name?) and Sonia. They cannot marry.

Sonia

Azel

2) The game comes out for Wii and PS3 on February 24th 2011 in Japan.

3) The three girl marrige canidates are:

Oddette (オデット) The girl with blue hair
Lily (リリ) The girl with flowers in her hair, the shorter one
Iris (アイリス) the tallest one

If you send me any information I can translate it for you. I am SO going to import this game on launch and show vidoes on youtube.

(Sources in Japanese)
(http://jin115.com/archives/51719050.html)
(http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/1270916.html)
Last edited by gyuujuice on Oct 13, 2010 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nurse Fin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Wii AND PS3 seems like a slightly odd mix... since the PS3 is way more powerful, will it have console-exclusive features? :E (even though I've got a wii, I'm most likely getting ps3 version)
Also, good news for anyone who wants to import, PS3s are region-free, though the games are more expensive.

And yeah I kept telling y'all they were planning on making a rune factory with a girl option. I'm curious how it's going to affect gameplay. I hope it's a full female option, not like RF2 (where it really doesn't matter what gender you play as, because you're stuck playing a kid who is too young to know what fanservice is, and there weren't many events to begin with).
NNescio
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Oh hi Gyuujuice. Glad to see that you have registered.

The game looks really promising. Dual protagonists sound rather ambitious, I hope it's possible to switch between characters freely instead of being implemented like the 2nd generation in RF2, but it's still good nonetheless.

I am so going to import this as well.
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I read the article and it sounds like it will be like Rune Factory 2 where for plot reasons you have to switch between characters (Of course I'm just speculating). But even if it is like that who cares! This game sounds great! I can not wait for it to come out. I am so glad it's for the PS3 and the Wii because I don't have a PS3 so I wouldn't have been able to get it. I wish I could read Japanese so I could get this as soon as it came out :( .

I wonder if only the guy can get married since the only marriage candidates shown were girls.
Nurse Fin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Actually from what I read (though I can't get a clear view of the scan, so I don't know for sure), you start out being able to control both characters for the first half of the game, and once you reach a midway point (I'm guessing when you marry or start wooing characters, something) you pick the main protagonist. Hashimoto said it was because he wanted players to experience both sides of the story.

Only girls were shown, but they never show all marriage candidates in the first go. They only release 2-3 new characters at a time, so if there are any dudes we will be seeing them pretty soon. But only time will tell.
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Nurse Fin wrote:Actually from what I read (though I can't get a clear view of the scan, so I don't know for sure), you start out being able to control both characters for the first half of the game, and once you reach a midway point (I'm guessing when you marry or start wooing characters, something) you pick the main protagonist. Hashimoto said it was because he wanted players to experience both sides of the story.

Only girls were shown, but they never show all marriage candidates in the first go. They only release 2-3 new characters at a time, so if there are any dudes we will be seeing them pretty soon. But only time will tell.

Oh I can't read any Japanese so I only know what is said in the article. So I didn't know much :? . Thanks for telling me and making me even more optimist for this game.
gyuujuice
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

NNescioさん,
久しぶりだね。ww (ん_ん)自由に切り替えられると思うけど。。。。

Nurse Fin, Huh, I thought, or speculated, that you would play them both throughout thr game but as you said, the Japanese was a bit fuzzy.

Googaboga, *feels left out* Usually in a RF game you have 8-10 girls but the fact that they emphasise 3 makes me think that there will be 3 for each and maybe a special/super sectret one for each gender.
coolcat10189
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

A female protagonist?

I'm in. :D
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

gyuujuice wrote:NNescioさん,
久しぶりだね。ww (ん_ん)自由に切り替えられると思うけど。。。。

Nurse Fin, Huh, I thought, or speculated, that you would play them both throughout thr game but as you said, the Japanese was a bit fuzzy.

Googaboga, *feels left out* Usually in a RF game you have 8-10 girls but the fact that they emphasise 3 makes me think that there will be 3 for each and maybe a special/super sectret one for each gender.

Oh right I have to thank you too. Since I was reading your post which helped me understand the little I knew :heart:. You're right. Rune Factories always have some kind of "special" person to marry. And I doubt there would only be three overall so maybe they have less girls because there are also guys to marry. Yeah for optimism.
Doodleniks
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

FUUUUUU-

GREAT, NOW I MUST GO BEAT RUNE FACTORY FRONTIER PRONTO. D8

But I don't know where to go next! And I'm still stuck in Legend of Zelda land! ARGHARGH! *runs in circles*

Wait, female protagonist? *faints*
Terranigma Freak
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Sounds awesome. Rune Factory Frontier was excellent.
Fretka
Disabled: User Name Change

Post  Posted:

Female protagonist? Yay! Finally! =D

I wonder who is going to release it in US. Natsume or XSeed?