Rune Factory Oceans!

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

cuc wrote:
The article didn't comfirm Mikoto's gender.

As of my personal opinion:
Mikoto sounds more like a straightlaced samurai than the romantic hero I imagined
I saw that and was like Wha? I thought she was a girl for sure. Now I'm confused. So I guess it's possible she is a he?
Last edited by Googaboga on Dec 01, 2010 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
haloharvestmoon
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I don't know what you guys are looking at, but I think Joe is very good looking. His facial hair is quite sexy - I might marry as a girl now. ^w^

Mikoto is dazzling too; I really like her 3D model! Elena...not too much. I normally like short-haired girls if they have portraits, but I don't like her 3D model all that much.

But Joe...oh. He strangely reminds me of Owen.
Airliner
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Joe looks absolutely stunning! Absolutely going to marry him on my girl file!

EDIT : Just saw his Seiyu is Katsuyuki Konishi. He also voices Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia!

MUST! MARRY! NOW!!!
HMaddict:)
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Well seeing how I don't keep up with this topic, which one is Mikoto again? Is she (...or he) the silver haired one?
bond007106
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Melody Muse wrote:I thought she was a girl, but then someone said they weren't sure? I could of misread, however. XD
They only said they weren't sure because they say her picture and she looks somewhat boyish. Although you can still tell by her face that she is clearly female.
Last edited by bond007106 on Dec 01, 2010 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NNescio
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Googaboga wrote:
cuc wrote:
NNescio wrote:

Mikoto sounds more like a straightlaced samurai than the romantic hero I imagined
I saw that and was like Wha? I thought she was a girl for sure. Now I'm confused. So I guess it's possible she is a he?
*Ahem*

I dislike being misquoted.
cuc wrote:
NNescio wrote:As a native Chinese speaker, I must say that I am visibly impressed.
It may disappoint you that I'm also a native Chinese speaker! Bwahwahwa! :evil:

The pics are here.
[Pics x2]

The name of the island is written as Finis / フィーニス here. Guess we still need to wait for a more reliable source (a screenshot or a press release).

Mikoto sounds more like a straightlaced samurai than the romantic hero I imagined, and poor Joe looks like a garden variety hipster character. Well, no matter what, in the end the writing in the RF series always triumphs.
Ah, I should have known.

Hmm... Mikoto... another 'samurai' voiced by Kobayashi Yuu... That sounds awfully familiar...

I also smell a trap. Or at least a reverse trap.
Last edited by NNescio on Dec 01, 2010 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
XxWizardxMollyxX14
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I am pretty sure Mikoto is a girl but I wouldn't be dissapointed if Mikoto turned out to be a boy <3 If Mikoto is a girl I think I'll play as a boy just to court her <3 I like Elana's 3D model. The only thing I don't like about Elana is that she looks like Rin Kagamine. Same hair colour, eye colour and even a bow that goes at the top of her head. Heck, I even imagined Rin's personality to be like Elana's!

^
^
^ Your post came up before I sent mine in. OMG! Forget everything I just wrote about Joe. I am marrying him fo' sho!
Last edited by XxWizardxMollyxX14 on Dec 14, 2010 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melody Muse
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Now I'm all confused trying to remember trap vs reverse-trap. It's guy as a girl vs girl as a guy, right? The tons of characters in the catgirl pic didn't help me much. ^^; But traps yay! If it is one.

Ah well. I am just getting more and more excited for this game! Looks awesome! :D
Ranger
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Face-wise, I thought Mikoto was a boy...but now I'm pretty sure it's a girl. Not completely sure.

I really like Joe. Not exactly what I was expecting, but it was a nice surprise nonetheless. And for once, we actually get a marriage candidate who looks legal.

*I like the facial hair too...and the goggles...reminds me of Daisuke/Davis from Digimon <3*

Current favorite (or at least interesting) bachelor/ettes:
-Odette
-Iris
-Sara
-Elena
-Electra
-James
-Joe
-Mikoto
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It's weird the guys seem a lot older looking then the girls. Besides Mikoto she looks legal. But both Joe and James aren't nearly as young looking as say Elena or the youngest sister (I forget her name). But that's fine with me I don't like really young looking marriage candidates.
NNescio wrote: *Ahem*

I dislike being misquoted.
I fixed it. I accidentally missed deleting how cuc quoted you.
soulharvester13
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Elena's in game model is sooo kawaii!!! :heart:

I think i like Mikoto's 3D model better than the portrait....
NNescio
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Melody Muse wrote:Now I'm all confused trying to remember trap vs reverse-trap. It's guy as a girl vs girl as a guy, right? The tons of characters in the catgirl pic didn't help me much. ^^; But traps yay! If it is one.

Ah well. I am just getting more and more excited for this game! Looks awesome! :D
All three characters share the same voice as Mikoto (Kobayashi Yuu)

1) The first example is Sakurazaki Setsuna from Negima. She's a half-tengu albino (hence the white wings) swordswoman with all the attendant personality traits that you might expect from a diligent samurai. She also has a Bodyguard Crush on her female mistress, and often dresses up in male clothes. (like a tux, in which case she would be a reverse trap.)

2) The second character is Shindou Mariya, from Maria Holic. He is a crossdressing sadistic Manipulative « Tulip » who attends an all-girls Catholic school. Outwardly, he acts like an Ojou-sama, and is one of the most popular girls at school. He is supposed to be the male protagonist, but is enough of a trap that even his lesbian roommate starts to fall for him. (despite knowing that he's male.)

3) The third character is the one that looks like catboy in the middle of the catgirls. Her name is Ichinose Nagi, and she is a bifauxnen Yakuza Princess from Nyan Koi. She has a rather... eccentric personality, and has a twisted sense of honour. Sometimes carries a sword around. Reverse trap.

See a pattern here?
Chalis
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

NNescio wrote:See a pattern here?
My heart absolutely swoons for reverse traps. Mikoto and Sara will be the only reasons (EDIT: Actually no, I've taken a liking to Electra and Odette.) I ever want to marry as a guy.

Now if she ends up a guy, that's just a bonus.
Melody Muse
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

NNescio wrote:
Melody Muse wrote:Now I'm all confused trying to remember trap vs reverse-trap. It's guy as a girl vs girl as a guy, right? The tons of characters in the catgirl pic didn't help me much. ^^; But traps yay! If it is one.

All three characters share the same voice as Mikoto (Kobayashi Yuu)

1) The first example is Sakurazaki Setsuna from Negima. She's a half-tengu albino (hence the white wings) swordswoman with all the attendant personality traits that you might expect from a diligent samurai. She also has a Bodyguard Crush on her female mistress, and often dresses up in male clothes. (like a tux, in which case she would be a reverse trap.)

2) The second character is Shindou Mariya, from Maria Holic. He is a crossdressing sadistic Manipulative « Tulip » who attends an all-girls Catholic school. Outwardly, he acts like an Ojou-sama, and is one of the most popular girls at school. He is supposed to be the male protagonist, but is enough of a trap that even his lesbian roommate starts to fall for him. (despite knowing that he's male.)

3) The third character is the one that looks like catboy in the middle of the catgirls. Her name is Ichinose Nagi, and she is a bifauxnen Yakuza Princess from Nyan Koi. She has a rather... eccentric personality, and has a twisted sense of honour. Sometimes carries a sword around. Reverse trap.

See a pattern here?
Thank you so much! I know of Maria Holic, so I understood regular traps (and loved them, but was unsure on terminology). So I wans't sure if reverse traps where some triple thing like Chevalier d'Eon, or just girls-as-guys. I see now it's the latter. Thank you so much for the clarification! Now my obsession can be rightly termed. :D
(And I am entirely with Charlis' above statement. :D)
LiliaoftheWind
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Am I the only one who sees somewhat of a chest on Mikoto? Plus the twig-like arms and legs and the fact that "she's" in a picture with all girls even though pictures of guys have been released. I hope that made sense, I'm not the best at describing things.

Oh and I find Joe's facial hair to be attractive. Bout time they give facial hair to marriagable guys. Though his overly spikey hair gets on my nerves. Like someone said before, I'd like to see his official art before I make anymore judgements.