Rune Factory Oceans!

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I guess it doesn't matter who translates it and how fast. It matters who is going to more effectively make it a successful game. And if that is Natsume then fine with me. As long as it comes out in English one day.
bond007106
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

It doesn't matter who translates it per se. But whomever it is, they must do a good job at it, and that includes finding good voice actors; not the scrape-the-bottom-of-the-barrel ones they used in Rune Factory 2.
Grok wrote:Didn't Marvelous also collaborate on Little King's story?
Yes, Marvelous did have some hand in Little King's Story.
But then look what happened to poor Cing...
Melody Muse
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

That's sad. I thought that the RFF website was great, considering how Natsume never even makes websites. Also, I've never seen Natsume make a commercial. I wonder what they do to advertise then?

Strange; because Little Kings' Story is listed on the XSeed website, so both companies must have worked on it? I wouldn't of thought Natsume and XSeed would work together, is all.

I don't care about XSeed vs Natsume if Natsume would only improve. It's annoying because I dislike supporting translations like HM64, or RF2, but I don't mind titles like RF1 and RF3. Their quality is simply too varying on the games, and it's aggravating.

To be honest, I'd be just as happy if Natsume improved quality for good, as if a different company took over. But Natsume has a lost a lot of my faith, because I will always be worried about them sliding back into bad translations. So if Ignition Entertainment is good, I will gladly buy their translations. But now I do not preorder any Natsume titles in English until I discover how the translations are; otherwise I buy the Japanese if I can. (Thank goodness the DS is region-free, I just wish the Wii was. Ugh.)

Still, it is a shame... I really overall like XSeed's translations; I actually check their website regularly to see what new games they have done, because I find their VAs and translations of good quality. (Note: good, not great. there are still mistakes, but I found less than in recent Natsume games, except perhaps RF3 which I have not been able to check yet.)
Wertville
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Melody Muse wrote:So if Ignition Entertainment is good, I will gladly buy their translations.
Just look up a video about "Arc Rise Fantasia Dub".

And I heard their translations are stale, so Natsume is looking pretty good to me :P
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I don't care who translates it. I am getting this game. Even if the voices are absolutely awful I'll just turn the sound off :lol:.
imonleeaboi
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Have they announced anything about online features and stuff yet? Can't read japanese so just wanted to know if there is anything about it up on the website.
cuc
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

To be fair, the text translation in RF2 is great. The problem is with the voice acting. On the other hand, XSEED's localization isn't flawless. The translation of Ys Seven has been said to be only passable, losing a lot of nuances in what's already an unimpressive script.

I've been wondering how much effort Natsume has put into marketing RF3. It's been released for more than one month and none of the major commercial video game sites have reviewed it, when they all reviewed the new Lufia immediately after release.

My suspicion is that for RFO, Marvelous would try to find some publisher that can put up a higher-profile PR campaign. Its development cost is higher than DS games, so the required sales number to make a profit will also be higher. (In actuality, RFF sold only half as well as the DS games in Japan - the game's main market, and probably is considered a failure within Marvelous. Some Marvelous titles such as Livly Garden and Sakura Notes had it much worse though.)
imonleeaboi wrote:Have they announced anything about online features and stuff yet? Can't read japanese so just wanted to know if there is anything about it up on the website.
Not yet.

I forgot to post about this, a larger version of Fammys's store-specific preorder bonus:
Last edited by cuc on Dec 04, 2010 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cuc
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Some Japanese sales numbers I saw in two different places. I don't know the real source, and don't think they are entirely correct, but they should paint the rough picture.

Code: Select all

====Source A=Source B
RF1: 145,346 110,828
RF2: 116,287 117,572
RFF:  41,170  42,235
RF3:  79,531  80,601
As a comparison, according to a Marvelous financial report in November, HM: Twin Village, which is considered the best mainline HM yet, sold more than 160K.

Now you can understand why Marvelous could be nervous over XSEED screwing up RFF's oversea performance, and why they would port RFO to PS3 in order to broaden its audience. Like most third party developers in Japan, developing AAA games for Wii has been a venture that keeps losing money.
missylinks
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I'm sooo excited for this game too come out! I wanna know the male candidates already!!!!! :!: :!: There's something that I'm curious about though, can the female character marry the male character and vice versa? I've read that they can, and that they can't. :shock:
missylinks
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Melody Muse wrote:Yaaaaaay website is up! :D *does a dance of happiness*

Honestly, I just ordered RF3, but I am so excited about RFO that I keep forgetting about it. XD
I have RF3 and it's amazing!!!! I totally love it, the only thing that bugged me was that game was over like really quickly. But that might just be me, spending my weekends playing the game obsesedly. :P I'm married to karuna. She's awesome! :)
Chalis
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

missylinks wrote:I'm sooo excited for this game too come out! I wanna know the male candidates already!!!!! :!: :!: There's something that I'm curious about though, can the female character marry the male character and vice versa? I've read that they can, and that they can't. :shock:
Yes. Yes they can.

Personally, while I might be thinking too much ahead, I wonder if the children will look the same again, or will there be some factor differentiating them? (Like, all of the protagonists' kids look like their fathers, so will Ocean's protagonists have the same children or is it dependent on the gender of your character, or is it dependent on the person you marry [like in Animal Parade]?)

Of course, there's no way to know until more info comes out. Just a thought.
missylinks
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Chalis wrote:
missylinks wrote:I'm sooo excited for this game too come out! I wanna know the male candidates already!!!!! :!: :!: There's something that I'm curious about though, can the female character marry the male character and vice versa? I've read that they can, and that they can't. :shock:
Yes. Yes they can.

Personally, while I might be thinking too much ahead, I wonder if the children will look the same again, or will there be some factor differentiating them? (Like, all of the protagonists' kids look like their fathers, so will Ocean's protagonists have the same children or is it dependent on the gender of your character, or is it dependent on the person you marry [like in Animal Parade]?)

Yay! Thanks for answering that for me! :) I also hope that the children look differant. It would just make it more interesting and fun. It would be coll if the kids,like, went outside and actually did things. In RF3 they don't really do anything.... :(
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Chalis wrote:

The only Rune Factory with a good child system was RF2. That was great. My guess is there is going one boy style and one girl style. And it won't matter who you marry/which character you play as. I mean that's what they did in RF3. Despite the fact you can have three children :roll:. That just seems like one of the features they would skimp on to save costs. I could always be wrong though :).
touchmon
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Wertville wrote:
Melody Muse wrote:So if Ignition Entertainment is good, I will gladly buy their translations.
Just look up a video about "Arc Rise Fantasia Dub".
Oh jeez. That game made my ears bleed. X_X
haloharvestmoon
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Is the possibility for a second generation so tiny that we shouldn't even discuss it? D: When RF2 was coming out in Japan, was the news of 2nd gen announced right away?

Well, you never know. We can finally play as a girl in this one, so maybe something else shall surprise us.