Rune Factory Oceans!

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Melody Muse
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

By the way, if you preorder the Japanese one it looks like they are handing out a little character/art book and drama CD. Personally I'll still be waiting but if any of you love preordering Japanese games. XD
coolcat10189
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Melody Muse wrote:By the way, if you preorder the Japanese one it looks like they are handing out a little character/art book and drama CD. Personally I'll still be waiting but if any of you love preordering Japanese games. XD
Stupid region lock. -_-;

I'm going to miss the drawn faces. I think they could just add a bit more animation. Anyways, I hope that they at least add short animated scenes like they did in RFF.
XxWizardxMollyxX14
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

coolcat10189 wrote:
Melody Muse wrote:By the way, if you preorder the Japanese one it looks like they are handing out a little character/art book and drama CD. Personally I'll still be waiting but if any of you love preordering Japanese games. XD
Stupid region lock. -_-;

I'm going to miss the drawn faces. I think they could just add a bit more animation. Anyways, I hope that they at least add short animated scenes like they did in RFF.
Well some of the scans were animation/ed so they might possibly be doing that, but then again it could also be the opening sequence...
ZaFreed
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

gyuujuice wrote:http://www.siliconera.com/2010/10/22/wh ... ry-oceans/

- working hard to eliminate loading time as much as possible
- transitions from areas only take about two seconds of loading
- character models are front and center during conversations
- no more character portraits for coversations
- this choice was made to better showcase emotions through body language and to make the characters feel more alive
- it's easier to pose models than make new portraits for emotions

- follow-up information coming soon

Only 3D? I hope they look better than frontier's model then.
Man, for people who love the portraits, that's gonna be hard to swallow. Portraits are harder to make? In RFF, the only thing different about the portrait is the face and other emotional additions (blush, angry, sweatdrop, embarrassment). And then there's the swimsuits and wedding dresses. Well I do admit that emotions through 3D models will feel more alive. RF's anime-style character portraits is one thing that distinguishes it from HM games (at least the older ones), and that is one main reason why I love the RF series. To see it disappear and replaced by 3D models...<grumble>

At least the 3D models will be similar to RFFs 3D models. But the whole discussion on deciding on 3D models over portraits leaves me questioning one thing: will the developers know when to NOT use the character models in events, and use the already-seen in-game models to portray the event? I do hope they utilize using their "portraits" in the right situations.

The loading times didn't really bother me that much, but they say the loading times in-between areas will be like in Muramasa: The Demon Blade? That's...really fast actually.
gyuujuice
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

ZaFreed wrote:
gyuujuice wrote:http://www.siliconera.com/2010/10/22/wh ... ry-oceans/

- working hard to eliminate loading time as much as possible
- transitions from areas only take about two seconds of loading
- character models are front and center during conversations
- no more character portraits for coversations
- this choice was made to better showcase emotions through body language and to make the characters feel more alive
- it's easier to pose models than make new portraits for emotions

- follow-up information coming soon

Only 3D? I hope they look better than frontier's model then.
Man, for people who love the portraits, that's gonna be hard to swallow. Portraits are harder to make? In RFF, the only thing different about the portrait is the face and other emotional additions (blush, angry, sweatdrop, embarrassment). And then there's the swimsuits and wedding dresses. Well I do admit that emotions through 3D models will feel more alive. RF's anime-style character portraits is one thing that distinguishes it from HM games (at least the older ones), and that is one main reason why I love the RF series. To see it disappear and replaced by 3D models...<grumble>

At least the 3D models will be similar to RFFs 3D models. But the whole discussion on deciding on 3D models over portraits leaves me questioning one thing: will the developers know when to NOT use the character models in events, and use the already-seen in-game models to portray the event? I do hope they utilize using their "portraits" in the right situations.

The loading times didn't really bother me that much, but they say the loading times in-between areas will be like in Muramasa: The Demon Blade? That's...really fast actually.
I am sadface too but if it's worth anything, you will at least be able to wear accesories/clothes during cutscenes. \(-__-)/
The loading in RFF was quite annoying, muramsa loading is AWESOME and if they can do that then I am able to live with 3D models.
luph n joii
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I think I 'll give it a chance.
Personally, most of 3D arts are not my cupcake.
I'll wait for more screenshots revealed so I won't judge.

cuc wrote:
-Azel and Sonia can marry each other.
-there will be guest characters.
-there is an emphasis on rhythm and combo in combat.

interesting. let's see how it gonna work.

Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Bloody-Red wrote:Official website now take you to a blog instead of Famitsu. You can read about it in Siliconera.

Don't know whether it's already been posted here but I'll do it anyway. :p
Yay. Hopefully they start updating the blog with screen shots and or new information about the game.
Bloody-Red
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Googaboga wrote:
Bloody-Red wrote:Official website now take you to a blog instead of Famitsu. You can read about it in Siliconera.

Don't know whether it's already been posted here but I'll do it anyway. :p
Yay. Hopefully they start updating the blog with screen shots and or new information about the game.
And the official website finally would open. I've been checking it everyday and it's still not open. I wonder when. >_>
MelodyJulia
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

i like portraits more but 3d model also pretty cool XD
SinReVi
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

With the portraits, they only changed the facial expression, with the 3D models they seem to also change the whole body pose of the character.
tokya_2502
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

The 3D portraits seems to be a little 'hard'. I mean, they don't really look good (especially the shoulder part). If they don't want to make anime portrait, make it like AP or ToT......
XxWizardxMollyxX14
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

...I wonder what the guest characters are gonna look like in 3D, I mean we've always seen the other characters with portraits so... I wonder who the guest characters will be , I hope your able tomarry them, though I think they most likely will.I hope that the guest characters won't be messed up, but I'll always want to marry Brodik no matter what he looks like
Wertville
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

I'm willing to give 3D portraits a try, it could turn out well :D
And if there are virtually no loading times... Well, I'll play it for twice as long as RFF. Some 300 hours, then.

Oh, and my guesses for guest characters... Archer and Candy.
Wait, no, I mean Brodik and Candy, sorry :P
I don't even know why I'm guessing them XD
XxWizardxMollyxX14
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Wait, no, I mean Brodik and Candy, sorry
I'm willing to give 3D portraits a try, it could turn out well :D
And if there are virtually no loading times... Well, I'll play it for twice as long as RFF. Some 300 hours, then.

Wait, no, I mean Brodik and Candy, sorry :P
Oh My « Harvest Goddess ». I hope so. I love Brodik! Candy is my third favourite RF character after Mist.
Kikoriso
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The only thing I think is kinda weird about the 3D portraits is that although they are moving and changing their expressions and whatnot... The actual two characters can be seen just staring blankly at each other. xD

It's not a big deal, I just thought it looked kind of funny.