Rune Factory Frontier; Questions/Tips Topic.

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
CarpeMelinda
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I know there is a discussion topic, but there are a lot of basic RFF questions getting asked. I am halfway into year 2, already married, through most of the boss battles, storyline, and almost all of the extra events. I was hoping to get a lot of the little posts out of the way by trying to answer RFF here. I'm sure other people will be able to help with answers or variations on things as well.

I can answer most questions and if you need me to elaborate on any answer, you can PM me. I answer my PM's usually a couple times a day.

Hopefully this thread is okay and will clear up some of the board.

Barn Tips: Get your working animals ASAP!
Where can I get this to do this and how soon?

Wooly: Whale Island Fin; iris area (wool harvesting)
Buffamoo: Whale Island Fin; iris area (milk harvesting)
Bee: Green ruins F3? (Honey Harvesting)
Little Mage: Green Ruins F3? (Wood-Cutter!)
Cockadoodle: Green Ruins F3? (Egg harvesting)
Chitter (squirrel looking monster): Green Ruins; right after 1st room (grass picker)
Elephant: Lava Ruins F1: (watering monster)
Slimey: Whale Island Cave Depths (rock remover)
Death Stalker: Lava Ruins F1 (weeding/fodder cutter)
Silver Wolf: Whale Island; iris area (riding, fighting)

This covers 10 monsters, you should have room in your first barn for these, and should help do almost all of your farm work. I recommend riding your wolf EVERYWHERE. I ride him while making my rounds just to talk to people since you can ride him all the way through a door.

For other monsters that are handy.

Gobble Boxes: Lava Ruins F1; (Ore/Gem Harvest)
Springs (plant things): Green Ruins; (spring seed harvest)
Summers: (plant things): Lava Ruins F4?; (summer seed harvest)
Autumns (plant things): Snow Ruins F1; (autumn seed harvest)
Hunter Wolf: Snow Ruins F4; (riding, fighting)
Great Wolf: Tower of Glory (riding, fighting)

In order to befriend a monster, your LEVEL must be within 10 of the monster's level. I had to wait till level 68'ish before I could befriend a hunterwolf. If you try and pet a monster and it says "MISS" you are not a high enough level!

1FP with a spring/autumn/summer gives one set of seeds when you harvest, 2FP gives two set of seeds (same kind), BUT! They can also give the RARE seeds. I have gotten ironleaf before.
Last edited by CarpeMelinda on Jun 07, 2009 11:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Fishyyyy
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Hello! :)

I am in Autumn of year 2, and trying to get married. I'm having trouble raising enough money for the bedroom upgrade. Do you have any money-making tips for me?
CarpeMelinda
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Do you have the lava ruins unlocked? The bottom floor of the lava ruins is the best place to fish for fall fish and stuff. Cooking any fish you catch raises the price on it.

I grew two fields of strawberries in the very first field of the green ruins cave, if you have your homeland in prosperity (orange) after your strawberries come in, they will come n EVERY DAY. I also planted two extra fields of strawberries in the next field with the ants next to it and two batches of cucumbers and then i always plant one turnip/one moondrop. For autumn, plant spinach.

Fishing in the bottom floor of the green ruins, TINY pond, you have to step back some and aim, also catches LOVER SNAPPER!

I do not recommend selling the fruit you get off trees because I turn it all into jam and use it for free rp for crafting, but fishing for a couple hours in the bottom floor of ruins is the best since you can use the teleport.
Fishyyyy
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Thank you sooo much! I fished in the Green Ruins and made 9000 gold in one day! Should I stick with the Green Ruins, or can I make even more in the Lava Ruins?
CarpeMelinda
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Fishyyyy wrote:Thank you sooo much! I fished in the Green Ruins and made 9000 gold in one day! Should I stick with the Green Ruins, or can I make even more in the Lava Ruins?
You can make a TON in the lava ruins. If you have the portal opened, go for the lava ruins. You can WAY better quality fish way more often.

If you teleport down to the bottom floor of the lava ruins, break the rocks everytime. There is a high chance of getting gold out of these rocks. Only the rocks on the bottom level though ;)
Ayumi_Ishimaru
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Fishyyyy wrote:Thank you sooo much! I fished in the Green Ruins and made 9000 gold in one day! Should I stick with the Green Ruins, or can I make even more in the Lava Ruins?
May I ask which floor you catch your fish in Green Ruins? I'd like 9000G a day >.>
I still haven't gotten past floor 5 in Lava Ruins XD
CarpeMelinda
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

The boss floor. there is a TINY little stream. You have to step back some and be directly in front of it. You have to aim for it too. After a few casts you have to step back again.